“New year, new me.” It’s a mantra we tell ourselves every January, vowing that this will be the year we’ll stick to our resolutions. But if you quit working out or start sleeping in only three weeks into the year, you’re not alone. Almost 50% of New Year’s resolutions fail by the first week in February. So how can we create habits that last?
If you’ve decided to clean up your diet or get back into shape this year – and already feel like giving up – here’s some practical advice for sticking with your resolution.
- Fast-track your results. People go back to their old eating habits because they don’t see results soon enough. While maintaining a healthy lifestyle is a life-long process, detoxing your body is an effective way to jumpstart your wellness journey. We design our cold-pressed juice cleanses to supercharge your body with nutrients while flushing the toxins from your system. Our clients have felt more energized, less bloated, and hydrated after only the first day of cleansing – motivating them to continue eating clean.
- Make your diet sustainable. Most diets fail because they aren’t sustainable. A meal plan which requires hours in the kitchen doesn’t make sense for someone who’s always on-the-go, just like going vegan cold-turkey won’t last for someone who truly loves eating meat. More importantly, cutting calories for an extended time will only leave you feeling tired and hungry if you’re not getting the proper nutrients. Pick a diet that works well with your lifestyle and taste preferences, so sticking to it doesn’t feel like a chore.
- Swap your snacks. You might be sticking to balanced main meals, but what are you eating as snacks? If your afternoon pick-me-ups don’t align with the rest of your diet, you’ll be taking two steps forward and one step back for weeks. Swap out your favorite snacks for healthier alternatives, like plant-based protein bars, dried fruits, organic nut butter, and more.
- Make some plans. It’s easy to resort to the convenience of fast food when you’re in a hurry, but meal planning can eliminate the need to swing through a drive-through. Cooking healthy meals in advance, keeping pre-portioned snacks on-hand, and designating takeout nights will help you stay on track.
- Seek support. Healthy eating is a lot easier when you have friends and family on board—making your New Year’s resolution a group-effort will keep you accountable and inspired to continue caring for your body. So get your group together and join us for smoothies!
Start 2021 off on the right note. We design our one, three, and five-day cold-pressed juice cleanses to refresh and reset your body from the inside out. It’s an excellent way to enhance your health and wellness from the comfort of your own home. Call us at 843-757-2899 to order your juice cleanse today.